Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Chocolaty Heaven

If you’re a Pinterest addict like me you have probably seen these Twix Bar Cookies. They sounded too good to be true so I had to make them and I’m sure glad I did! The cookies themselves are a bit crunchy around the edges and chewy in the middle, just the way I like them. The caramel and biscuit added a nice little addition to an already tasty cookie. I followed the recipe for my first batch but my second batch I added chocolate chips which I highly recommend as they are the perfect finishing touch.  

Twix Bar Cookies
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped Twix Bars
1 cup chocolate chips


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Grease cookie sheet or line with wax paper.
2. Chop your Twix bar into small chunks. 
3. In a bowl combine flour, soda and salt and set aside. 
4. In a medium bowl combine butter and sugars. Mix on low speed until combined. 
5. Beat in egg, egg yolk and vanilla. 
6. Add in dry ingredients and beat until just combined. 
7. Fold in Twix Bar chunks and chocolate chips.  Bake for 13-16 minutes until light golden brown and edges start to harden but center is soft. 

*Because of the caramel in the Twix they may stick a bit to the cookie sheet so use a spatula to remove.





No comments:

Post a Comment