Easter means it is officially spring, flowers are starting to bloom, the days are starting to feel longer and the birds are chirping! Part II of my cookie kick I made peanut butter Easter egg cookies. These cookies are so cute and look like little eggs nests. If you’re a fan of anything with peanut butter, bring these over for Easter dinner and they will quickly disappear.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ¼ Teddys Smooth Peanut Butter*
- 1 package of Reese’s Pieces Easter Eggs
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
3. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in the peanut butter and mix.
4. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in Reese’s Pieces. I used a cookie scoop, if you don’t have one roll into a ball and drop onto baking sheets.
5. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are just starting to brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
*Teddys Natural Peanut Butter works really well because it’s smooth and creamy which blends easily.
A little added bonus, some fun Easter egg decorating ideas!