Wednesday, April 4, 2012

S'more Please

I have been on quite a cookie kick the last few days, four different types of cookies in under a week! With birthdays and Easter just around the corner, it’s been the perfect excuse to bake up a storm. I’ve seen various recipes for S ’mores cookies before and I've never had an interest in making them. I think it was the mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips in this recipe that caught my eye! So I caved, and I am happy I did. I love the graham cracker crumbs, theses cookies definitely remind me of summer.

Ingredients:
·         1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
·         1/2 cup sugar
·         1/4 cup brown sugar
·         1 egg
·         1 teaspoon vanilla
·         1 1/3 cups flour
·         3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (7 full graham cracker sheets)
·         1 teaspoon baking powder
·         1/2 teaspoon salt
·         1 cup Mini Hershey’s Kisses (or chocolate chips/chunks)
·         1 cup Jet Puffed Mallow Bits (or mini marshmallows)


Love these mini chocolate chips!
 Preparation:
1.      Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray or grease a cookie sheet. Don’t skip this step, marshmallows are sticky!
2.      Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
3.      Meanwhile, use a food processor or blender to crush 7 graham cracker sheets into 3/4 cup fine crumbs. You can also buy graham cracker crumbs.
4.      In a separate bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt.
5.      Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix on low speed until the dough just comes together. Add the chocolate and marshmallows and stir to combine.
 

6.      Place a tablespoon sized scoops of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.



Time to devour


No comments:

Post a Comment