- 1 1/4 cup unbleached flour
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium very ripe bananas, mashed or whizzed in food-processor
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (crunchy peanut butter is yummy too!)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips tossed in 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 9X5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray; add a strip of parchment paper to bottom of pan for easy removal.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl.
- In another bowl or bowl of mixer, mix bananas, peanut butter, butter, egg, vanilla, and oil. Fold in flour mixture until no streaks of flour remain, then gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into loaf pan. Bake 40-50 minutes, or until
toothpick comes out with few moist crumbs. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes;
carefully remove from pan and allow to cool completely on wire rack before