· Romaine lettuce
· 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
· 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
· 1/2 Lemon juiced
· 1 large clove of garlic, smashed
· 1-2 dash of Worcestershire sauce
· 1 egg yolk
· 1/4 cup fresh parmesan
1. Combine olive oil, mustard, Worcestershire and lemon juice into a small jar and shake rigorously. Add egg yolk and shake again. Once it is mixed (you’ll know this because it won’t separate) add in garlic and parmesan and shake again. Let dressing sit for at least half an hour.
2. Remove garlic and pour over salad.Croutons:
· Baguette, sourdough roll, or any other kind of bread that is good crispy
· 2 Tbsp butter
· 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
· 2 cloves of garlic minced
1. Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
2. Slice bread into small chunks.
3. Sautee garlic in butter and oil and add sliced bread to pan. Coat and cook for two minutes or until edges begin to brown.
4. Transfer to a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil. Cook, flipping occasionally, until croutons are browned, about 5 minutes.
5. Let cool and place on top of salad. Time to eat!